With so many people in the property business we know how difficult it is to find a realtor you can rely on. It is easy to print a fancy flyer listing a number of accomplishments that lead you to believe that what you have before you is a good realtor but do you know what the warning signs of a bad realtor are? Below are some of the foremost telling signs of a bad realtor that you need to be aware of.
1. Arriving Late to Appointments:
One of the first signs of a bad realtor is tardiness. Of course, even realtors are human but unless your realtor has a legitimate reason for being late to your appointment, you should probably consider taking your business elsewhere. If you find a realtor who persistently arrives late to appointments the chances are that they will persistently be late on all other aspects of your dealings. Make sure you find a realtor who values their time as well as yours!
2. Not Being Accountable:
Accountability is one of the most important aspects of a realtor. Whether you are a buyer or a seller, you need to know that you can rely on your realtor to have your best interests in mind and to be accountable. There is nothing more frustrating than relying on somebody who shirks their responsibilities. A realtor who constantly covers up mistakes, blames others, fails to send prompt feedback, and so on is going to give you endless headaches. Instead find a realtor who is able to bring solutions to problems, is open about potential issues, and accepts the responsibility of their role.
3. Lack of Feedback:
Providing and receiving feedback is an essential part of your relationship with your realtor. If your realtor has difficulty giving feedback it could cause major implications down the road for you. Likewise, a realtor who does not easily accept feedback is just as concerning. Communication is key and having an open line of good communication will ensure the success of your buying or selling needs.
4. Doing the Bare Minimum:
When it comes to selling your home or buying a property you want a realtor who you can count on through thick and thin. Better yet is a realtor who goes above and beyond to make sure that you are satisfied. What you don’t need is a realtor who is less than interested in your needs and is only willing to do the very bare minimum. If your realtor is constantly making excuses for not having done something it is time to move on and find a realtor who you can rely on to get things done in the most expedient and professional manner possible.
Now that we have listed the signs of a bad realtor, let us remind you of a few signs of a good realtor!
- Finds solutions: A good realtor will help you find solutions to your buying or selling needs and property issues
- Puts the client first: There is little worse than someone with a “me-first” attitude, and this applies to realtors too. Make sure you find a realtor who is dedicated to putting their clients needs first
- Always on the ball: Be sure to find a realtor who is on top of their game. A realtor who is always dropping the ball may easily drop your big sale or lose your dream home
- Sends prompt feedback: A realtor who is quick to send feedback is a realtor you can trust will be working hard to help you
- Listens to the client: At the end of the day the most important sign of a good realtor is one who actually listens to you and what it is that you need
As an accomplished team of experienced professionals in the property industry, finding a good realtor is as easy calling Cornerstone. You can be sure that you will be in the best of hands when you choose Cornerstone as we strive to provide the highest level of service and focus on developing a long-term relationship with all of our clients.