If you want to save money, the environment, or yourself from that empty nest feeling you should look at selling your home fast in order to downsize. Downsizing is often seen as a negative thing; however, Cornerstone Realty is here to tell you that it could be the smartest move you will ever make!
Why downsize? There are so many great reasons to sell your home fast and downsize!
- Once all of your kids have left home, there isn’t really a reason to have such a big house – all those empty rooms can be a waste of time, money, and space. Having an empty nest can make your home feel more cavernous and lonely.
- Save your wallet and the environment – the amount you spend each month on mortgage payments, electricity bills, water bills, HOA fees etc. can put a real dampener on your finances. If you find that you actually don’t need to be living in such a big house, it would be wise to sell your home and fast! Also, by using less electricity and water to heat/cool and supply your home, you will be decreasing your carbon footprint.
- If you are going into retirement, downsizing can help make your life a pleasure! Think about how much time you spend maintaining and cleaning your big house – by downsizing you will have even more time to spend enjoying your golden years.
- A step towards a new chapter – if you feel like your home and your possessions are holding you back or you need a change of scene, downsizing is a great way to jumpstart onto a new path in your life. It will prompt you to evaluate your life and your possessions, keeping only what you love or what is absolutely necessary.
How to start downsizing? Here are the first few steps to start you on this exciting process:
- If you want to downsize you will need to sell your home fast so that you can free up your funds and start saving money as soon as possible.
- Find the perfect little home for you – look at how much space you don’t currently use in your home and deduct that square footage from the square footage of your property. The result will be a good starting point in terms of what size home you should be looking for.
- Keep what you love and what you need, recycle the rest – this sentiment works for both your belongings as well as the rooms you would like in your new home. The rest of your belongings can be recycled! Give them to charities, friends, family, or if you need a little extra cash, you can sell your stuff at a yard sale, on Craigslist or eBay, or at an auction.
- Organization is key – while you are sorting through all your property, sort things into well-labelled boxes. For example “lounge”, “storage”, “recycle” etc.
If you want to sell your home fast and downsize, give Cornerstone Realty a call and we will be able to find the perfect match for you and for your home!